"BACK IN A U.S.S.R." Vol.1
1. There we from 4-16 republics in USSR. But most of the time there 15 - RSFSR, Ukrainian SSR, Belorussian SSR, Moldovian SSR, Armenian SSR, Georgian SSR, Azerbaijan SSR, Kazakhstan SSR, Uzbekistan SSR, Kyrgyzstan SSR, Turkmenian SSR, Tajikistan SSR, Latvian SSR, Lithuanian SSR and Estonian SSR.
2. The Soviet Union occupied an area of 22 400 000 square kilometres, as for this indicator, the largest country on the planet. The size of the Soviet Union was comparable to the size of North America, including the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
3. The Soviet Union had the longest border in the world, more than 60 000 kilometers and borders with 14 countries. Interestingly, the length of the border of modern Russia is practically the same — about 60 to 900 km, While Russia is bordering with 18 countries — 16-recognized and partially recognized 2.
4. The Soviet Union in the mid 1950's-early 1960-ies made a kind of "scientific-technical hat-trick" in 1954 created the world's first NPP in 1957 launched the world's first artificial Earth satellite, and in 1961 launched the world's first spaceship with a man on Board. These events occurred respectively in 9, 12 and 15 years after the end of world war II, in which the Soviet Union suffered the greatest human and material losses of the countries-participants.
5. During its existence, the Soviet Union was formally involved in three wars — the Soviet-Finnish war of 1939-1940 and the great Patriotic war of 1941-1945 and in the Soviet-Japanese war 1945. All these armed conflicts ended with the victory of the Soviet Union.
6. In 1941, the Soviet Union had a tax on childlessness. Such a tax was 6% of salary and paid by childless men aged 20-50 years and childless women aged 20-45 years.
7. In 1959, Moscow hosted the American national exhibition. There Khrushchev gave the first taste of Pepsi. The next day, the photo of Secretary General, drinking Pepsi, appeared in all the Newspapers. Khrushchev became the unofficial face of the company Pepsi.
8. The world Cup of 1962 in one of the matches played the team of the USSR and Uruguay. One of the players of our team scored a goal through a hole in the net, but the referee didn't notice it and the goal counted. But the captain of the Soviet Union this error was seen and said that the goal scored incorrectly. In the end, the goal was not counted, but our team still won.